Thursday, May 17, 2012

Blair & Adam's Wedding

Where to begin? Where to begin? So, in late April, I posted about how I was so so excited to be second shooting a wedding with Ashley. And I can't help but say that it's over now and I'm still pretty excited. That's how much excitement I have.

I'd just like to mention that I couldn't have asked for a better first wedding to shoot! Blair's mom came out and greeted us first thing. She was so welcoming, told us to walk around the house, find some picture locations, and then just walk in the house when we were ready. After "surveying the land" (wink), we walked into the house and knew immediately everyone was upstairs because of all the laughing and talking and carrying on. Blair and her sisters (biological and in-law) were so sweet and willing for all the pictures we had planned for them!

As Ashley took the main photos for the bride, I stood back and watched and basically just took pictures from different angles. In a lot of my pictures the bride and her bridesmaids were looking at Ashley's camera instead of mine, which made for very interesting dynamics (whoa, big word)!

I can't say for sure what I expected going into this, but this was beyond any of my expectations. I truly cannot thank Ashley enough for allowing me to be apart of it, and I'm so afraid she's getting tired of my thanking her, but I am thankful!

Many of my pictures were like Ashley's, and to see them you can visit her blog (here), but I couldn't help but claim a few of my favorites.

Blair's bouquets were so original and unique. I was so jealous of her creativity!

Her family was wonderful and at the end of the day, I caught myself saying how badly I wanted to be adopted into it! (: 

This is just a classic wedding picture. LOVE IT!

HAD to catch a pic of the shoes. Funny story: Blair told her bridesmaids to pick out their own shoes as long as they were gray, and two came back with the same shoes! But it worked out very well because the two bridesmaids with the same shoes were on the outside, so they called themselves "the anchors". 

These champagne/wine glasses were so rustic and original! Mason jars and a candlestick. I loved them so much, I went home ready to make my own! 

Since yellow is my favorite color, I was very fond of the yellow-painted mason jar centerpieces.. this picture was pre-flowers. 

This was actually an accidental picture, but sometimes those turn out to be the best pictures!

Ashley always has the best poses for her brides! I was happy to catch this one while waiting for the groom and groomsmen to arrive for their pictures! 

The guys were kind of laid back and so between poses I just snapped this, it's so relaxed and is just a couple regular guys hanging out. And it kind of looked like it could be a CD album cover. 

And who doesn't love a jumping picture?! 

Once again, a big thank you to Ashley for asking me to help her on this day, thank you to Blair and Adam for allowing me to tag along, thank you to the guests for being so wonderful! 

Hope you enjoyed the pics! (: 

Be sure to check out my guest post on Ashley's blog, coming up soon! I'll be sure to post the link later! 

No comments: