Friday, January 21, 2011
Well friends, I've survived my first week (or half-week) of school. I'm proud of myself for not procrastinating this week, but the true question is, will it last? Maybe. I always start out the semester with the feeling that it's going to be a good one; I won't procrastinate, I'll study ahead of time instead of the night before a test, I'll make flash cards... and then I never stick to it.
I did better last semester than the previous two, but I still need to improve.
I'm hoping this semester will be a great one. <-- Corny? Yes.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
I've decided that every Tuesday I'm going to make a list of ten things... of what I like, don't like, did over the weekend, whatever I feel like.
I tried this previously, but it never worked out.. But I am going to stick with it. So here's the first of the Tuesday Ten.
Ten things that make me flustered and discombobulated.
- When multiple people start talking to me at once. I try to listen to everyone at the same time and so even though I may be looking at one person, I am trying to listen to the other person while reading the person I'm looking at's lips and I get confused and angry.
- When a car is tailgating me at night. I hate the way the light shines in the car and I try focusing on the road in front of me and the car behind me.
- When people are late. I hate standing around waiting for people and I start to get nervous and freak out. Were they in an accident? Did they forget? And what makes it worse is when I text or call them and they don't answer! Don't waste my time, please.
- When I haven't seen or talked to someone in a really long time that I don't even know very well and then I see them randomly and have to make small talk for a few minutes. I don't know why I get so flustered, but I do.
- When someone is rushing me to get ready and be out the door. I have to run around looking for my stuff instead of taking my time and I usually end up forgetting something.
- When I'm driving somewhere for the first time, alone. I get so nervous driving to places that I don't know how to get to. I'd rather have someone in the car with me telling me the way.
- When people talk about things in front of me that I don't know the details to and then won't tell me because it's a secret or something. First off, it's rude. Secondly, I'm nosy anyway, so just tell me.
- I know I mentioned when other people are late, I get flustered. But I get even more flustered when I am late. I like being places on time. I like meeting people on time. I'm just an on time kind of person.
- When people start interrogating me and asking me the same questions over and over again.
- When I can't find one last thing that gets me all hyped up.