Monday, February 28, 2011
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
- Independence: No more asking mommy and daddy if I can go out with my friends. No more telling the parents when I'll be back home, where I'm going, and more importantly, no more nagging about my homework.
- Friends: It's very strange that you keep in touch with people you went to college with more than the people you went to high school with? Why is that? You're in school with them for the same amount of time. Four years. Maybe five or six depending on your degree. Maybe it's just that you're more mature/you know how to pick good friends in college. But I'm so thankful for all of mine on this campus and I know that when we part ways on that fateful day in May, our paths will cross again... and again, and again.. (:
- Professors: They're just cooler than high school teachers. Except for Ms. Stains. She's still the best English teacher in the world. Although, Dr. Tracy and Gena Southall do come close.
- Dorms: They're a nice experience for your underclassmen years. You get to room with someone you don't know your first year (unless you were lucky enough to find a friend to room with) and have your fights/long talks/awkward silences. And then find a really good friend to room with you your second year so that the first year doesn't need to be repeated.
- Apartments: So you can feel like a real adult before you actually are pushed out into the world.
- Going home on the weekends: The "Varina" sign never looked better. It's nice being away after a long time and sleeping in my bed.
- Going back to school after the weekend at home: Because a weekend is the perfect amount of time to see your family, catch up on sleep, and use mom and dad's credit card for clothes and stock up on food. Then it's back to your home away from home.
- Sports: For some reason college sports are just better than high school. The atmosphere is better, not to mention the Lancer Lunatics make the games so much better!
- Food: Having Moe's and Chick-Fil-A within walking distance to my room is a good and a bad thing. My bonus dollars go way down before I've even noticed it, but I get yummy yummy food. (:
- The Heath and Fitness Center: Not that I ever really use it, but I'm always glad I have the option to use it. Although, Jordan, Ashley, and I did go to the gym yesterday and we're also going tomorrow. So hopefully it will be put to good use.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
- Siempre Tu - Diego Boneta : I heard this for the first time on Pretty Little Liars and it's just so catchy and saucy that I love it. A good dance song (:
- Dela (I Know Why the Dog Howls At the Moon) - Johnny Clegg : This is the song from George of the Jungle and I've been looking for it for years, and I finally found it. It's just a good song. I can't help but love it.
- Club Can't Handle Me (Cover) - Tyler Ward : I like the original, but I find this cover to be so much better! Not to mention Cobus and Tyler are so attractive.
- White Blank Page - Mumford & Sons : I'm sorry to bother you, but would you kindly click on the link and listen to 1:15? DO YOU HEAR THAT FREAKING INSTRUMENTAL? My heart leaps for joy. I don't know what it is about the sound of a banjo, but it really pulls it all together.
- Violin - Amos Lee : I've loved Amos Lee since... well, forever. This is my new obsession, this song.
- Cars, Money, and Fame - Timeflies : I heard this on someone's Tumblr page and then had to get it. It's just a fun song. It's a good song to roll the windows down and drive to.
- Maybe - Everly : Thanks to one Jordan Spiers, I was introduced to Bethany Joy Galeotti and her band Everly. And of course, this song came along and I can't help but sing along when I hear this.
- You Are the Moon - The Hush Sound : Just a really pretty song I heard Cailin sing while Jonathan played piano one night and fell in love with it.
- Better Today - Coffey Anderson : Number one, it's Coffey Anderson. Number two, it's such a beautiful song!
- Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell : Love Actually is the reason I'm in love with this song.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Friday, February 4, 2011
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
I am obsessed with giraffes. Anyone who knows me at all knows that I absolutely love giraffes. It’s been that way since I was in elementary school. I’ve always loved how tall they were, not to mention how cute they are! These are just four, of the many giraffe things that I own.
There are two giraffe stuffed animals. The lighter of the two I got for my birthday one year, and the darker more distinctive one my brother won for me in a crane machine. Then, the giraffe bookmark I got from my aunt in a card she sent me when I came back to school. And I bought the giraffe pen from the Richmond zoo when I went two summers ago.
Anytime I see something giraffe, I freak out and I love that my friends always point out giraffes to me. (:
- Record a CD of me singing. Some of my friends have been asking for me to make them a CD and so this year (hopefully by May, because most of them are graduating) I will make one for them all to burn.
- Get back to Bowery. I miss those guys, and I don't want to wait another minute until I go back.
- Make Dean's list. It doesn't matter if it's this semester or next, I just want to have that seven on my door from Princeps signifying that I had at least a 3.5 or better GPA for the semester.
- Find a Chi Dropping. I've found one Princeps dropping my whole time at Longwood, and yes, I have seven Chi Droppings, but none of those I found. They've all been pass downs. My roommate, on the other hand has found six or seven Chi Droppings all on her own. Maybe this year I'll find my first one!
- Be more patient. I find that I am becoming more patient this past semester and it's feeling pretty good. I'm hoping to keep it up.
- Sell a dress! I just recently got hired at Caryn's Bridal and on my first day I didn't sell a thing, but hopefully I will be able to sell a dress soon! (: I have high hopes for this one.
- Get more than fifty pages into a novel. I write all the time, but I never get past fifty pages. It's like my brain goes, "Oh, fifty pages? WRITER'S BLOCK!" I've started so many, too many, and never finished them. But hopefully I can get past the curse of the fiftieth page this year.
- Learn to cook. Okay, actually, I can cook. Let me put it this way, learn to love cooking. I don't like cooking because I don't have to patience for it. But hey, maybe since I've been working on my patience, I can try cooking again. If it's not instant, I don't cook it. So maybe once I move into my apartment in August, I can start trying out some recipes.
- Start saving money for a new car. Yes, I know that me getting a new car is a far off dream, that's why I'm saving up now.
- Stop drinking so much soda. 'Nuff said.