Sunday, February 6, 2011

There's a fine line between enough and too much

There's always a hint of uneasiness in the air whenever underage people are at a party with alcohol. Should I drink or not? Maybe just a sip? Am I D.D.-ing tonight for any of my friends? How will I get home if I drink? If I have one beer I'll be fine in two hours, right? Will my friends judge me if I drink? Will they judge me if I don't?

I think the pressure we (..or kids) put on ourselves (themselves) is more than the pressure from other people. You hear all the time about how kids pressure each other into drinking, but for me that's never been the case. I've NEVER felt pressured to drink. None of my friends ever told me I wasn't cool enough because I didn't drink. It was always an offer, and if I didn't accept they just carried on with our conversation. That could be also because I've chosen good friends, the kind who I know are kind enough not to try to pressure me into doing anything I wouldn't want to do. And I'm thankful for that.

No comments: