Friday, February 4, 2011

Obsession Confession

Yesterday, I mentioned that music is one of my obsessions. I use it constantly in my life to help me through situations both good and bad. I use it as a means of advice and as a common friend through the hard times. Well, tonight I thought I'd confess another obsession that I see as sometimes a bad thing.

I love jewelry. I have so much jewelry (most that I don't even wear) and almost every time I go to the store I buy more and more. I search online for new stuff all the time. I make it too when I'm not busy lazy.

Today, I felt a little ashamed, because I lust after jewelry so much. In my History 221 class, my professor was talking about the Quakers and how they wore no adornments, nothing at all to distract them from God. And I just sat there going, "Man, that must've sucked."

It's so ridiculous how addicted to jewelry I am. Some women go to the store and buy a pair of shoes, some buy a purse, some buy clothes; I buy jewelry.

No comments: