Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday Ten

So, when I posted that last post I had completely forgotten that I originally came on here to post my Tuesday Ten!

Ten Reasons I Love College

  1. Independence: No more asking mommy and daddy if I can go out with my friends. No more telling the parents when I'll be back home, where I'm going, and more importantly, no more nagging about my homework.
  2. Friends: It's very strange that you keep in touch with people you went to college with more than the people you went to high school with? Why is that? You're in school with them for the same amount of time. Four years. Maybe five or six depending on your degree. Maybe it's just that you're more mature/you know how to pick good friends in college. But I'm so thankful for all of mine on this campus and I know that when we part ways on that fateful day in May, our paths will cross again... and again, and again.. (:
  3. Professors: They're just cooler than high school teachers. Except for Ms. Stains. She's still the best English teacher in the world. Although, Dr. Tracy and Gena Southall do come close.
  4. Dorms: They're a nice experience for your underclassmen years. You get to room with someone you don't know your first year (unless you were lucky enough to find a friend to room with) and have your fights/long talks/awkward silences. And then find a really good friend to room with you your second year so that the first year doesn't need to be repeated.
  5. Apartments: So you can feel like a real adult before you actually are pushed out into the world.
  6. Going home on the weekends: The "Varina" sign never looked better. It's nice being away after a long time and sleeping in my bed.
  7. Going back to school after the weekend at home: Because a weekend is the perfect amount of time to see your family, catch up on sleep, and use mom and dad's credit card for clothes and stock up on food. Then it's back to your home away from home.
  8. Sports: For some reason college sports are just better than high school. The atmosphere is better, not to mention the Lancer Lunatics make the games so much better!
  9. Food: Having Moe's and Chick-Fil-A within walking distance to my room is a good and a bad thing. My bonus dollars go way down before I've even noticed it, but I get yummy yummy food. (:
  10. The Heath and Fitness Center: Not that I ever really use it, but I'm always glad I have the option to use it. Although, Jordan, Ashley, and I did go to the gym yesterday and we're also going tomorrow. So hopefully it will be put to good use.

1 comment:

Mallory said...

Dear Lindsey.

I love your Tuesday Ten. Every Tuesday I love them. Hey, and I love you, you are such a wonderful friend that I'm glad I met in high school and have continued to keep in touch with and share a friendship with Melvin :)