Friday, February 4, 2011

iLove

Words really cannot describe how much I love music. Ever since I could talk I've been singing. I sing all the time - ask my roommate, my friends, and my family. I went from singing The Little Mermaid to pop and country and R&B and praise and worship songs. My iTunes is probably the most precious icon on my computer - and probably the most used. My iPod is never far from me, and there's always a song stuck in my head.
There's not way for me to avoid how corny the next paragraph or so will sound, so I might as well come out with it...

Music makes my soul soar. The first thing I do, when I'm having a bad day is put my iPod in, or crank up the tunes in my room. Yes, ranting and crying helps to some degree, but nothing will ever satisfy like listening and singing along with Brendan James or John Mayer. When I'm alone with my music, I enter a world where I can either be the audience or the performer. Usually, I'm the performer.

Singing along with music is a stronghold that I hang on to religiously. It just makes me feel good. And anyone that I find that loves music as much as I do, I cling to for dear life. I have a good friend who once aspired to be a musician, and he still does, even if he doesn't pursue it as much as he used to, and he shares with me all the stories from his ventures and I drink them in until I can't anymore. I have some friends who actually tour and share their songs (*cough* Andra Moran and Stephen King *cough*) and I completely idolize them because of their courage to pursue a dream and their dedication to keep going.

Tonight I talked with some friends about helping me record an album. Because of my lack of funds it will be nowhere near studio produced, but it's a start.

No comments: