Thursday, May 6, 2010

I Wasn't Ready

I wrote this a few months ago and while cleaning out my computer tonight I found it. I remember the day I wrote this, and the friend I made in the process. He's kind of terrific, but not in the I-want-to-date-him kind of way, in the He-will-be-my-friend-until-the-day-I-die kind of way.

I didn’t know you. I’d met you once, but we didn’t talk.

We exchanged glances and smiles but never words…

And then, when all of the people faded into the background

You appeared.

You opened your mouth and sang to me; the sweetest words.

All I could do was stare at your imperfect face, your crooked smile.

And then, I spoke. I laughed. I opened up.

I’ve never done that before. You easily undo my senses.

You make me feel exposed but hidden, uncomfortable but relaxed,

Broken but whole, happy but heartrending…

You change the way I feel.

And I like it.

1 comment:

Emily Grace said...

This is beautiful, Lindsey (as are you). :) Love you and your pretty words!