Saturday, July 9, 2011

Being Crafty

I'm obsessed with crafts and finding ways to spruce up old things the cheap way. I love the idea of buying a $3 dollar vase at Goodwill instead of the $40 one at Pottery barn, slapping on a coat or two of spray paint, adding some $10 fake flowers and placing them delicately in the living room/bedroom/kitchen. I love the idea of making pictures magnets to give away as gifts! I love it all! (:

As some of you know, I'll be living in an apartment with two of my good friends this coming fall and we're always talking about ways we'll decorate the place. I found this great tutorial for making cute coasters here and fell in LOVE with the idea. I will make some for our apartment soon. And the best thing is, it's going to be under $10! (: This makes Lindsey very happy.

And while I was looking at these precious gems, I got to thinking how great they would look on the wall in my bathroom. Once I find a shower curtain I like, I'll match the colors with some scrapbook paper and use that on my coasters/wall hangers. (: Yes!

No comments: