Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Welcome Back LU & HSC

Being back at school is exhilarating and excruciating all at the same time. There's the friends, and then there's class; there's freedom and independence, and then there's homework and tests. There's BCM and then there's stress. Yes, summer was freeing and relaxing, but also dull and boring for the workaholics like me.

I am settled into my apartment and it is so pretty with three girls living there to spruce up the place. My room is like floating in a sea of green because my curtains (which are lime green) capture the sun and reflect a bright green light onto my walls. I feel like Kermit the Frog, but I like it.

Seeing friends around campus makes my heart soar. And I always end up seeing those friends that I'd forgotten about over the summer. Okay, not really "forgotten" in the sense that I "forgot" them, but the friends that I wasn't close with.. you know what I'm saying right? I see friendly and familiar faces everywhere and it's very calming. Especially, when I'm walking down the sidewalk wondering if I remembered to print of my math homework (today) and I look up and there's someone coming at me with open arms ready for a hug. It's reassuring and comforting to see so many people that I've met just on one (okay, two because of H-SC) campus.

Honestly, I thought I had a lot of friends in high school.... turns out I know more in college. Isn't that crazy?

1 comment:

Sarah Banschenbach said...

I feel the same way!