Sunday, March 18, 2012

Just Say No to Facebook

So, I recently learned that whatever photos are place on Facebook become the property of Facebook and if the original owner were to ever get such a picture published, Facebook could sue. This, of course, is all stated in the terms of agreement, but since no one (including me) ever reads the terms of agreement very little people actually know this. This is a travesty to any photographers who put their work on Facebook.

Since the pictures I've already taken are up on the book then there is no trying to save them, but due to this newfound information, I will no longer be putting my photos up on Facebook. I will post them on this blog and on my website which is http://www.wix.com/lindseyburlew/lbphotos.

This is inconvenient, but a girl's gotta go what a girl's gotta do.

No comments: