Saturday, March 31, 2012

Reason I Love Josh Garrels

So, earlier in my posting I used a Music Monday to tell about this new artist that I'm in love with named Josh Garrels.

Well, I'm back under his spell again, and while I was listening tonight (this morning) to his music I realized finally why I love him so much. His music means something. Does that make sense? I'm not saying other artists' music doesn't mean anything, but his is so soulful and deep.

His lyrics aren't generic, they are thoughtful and heartfelt and sensitive and extensive. They reach beyond the regular "I love you, baby," kind of lyrics.

Especially his song "Ulysses" which I've already raved about before. I just can't stop listening to it. It doesn't matter how many times I've already listened, I can't stop. It never ever gets old.

Just check out these beautiful lyrics.

"Trouble has beset my ways and wicked winds have blown. Sirens call my name, they say they'll ease my pain, then break me on the stones. But true love is the burden that will carry me back home. Carry me with the memories of the beauty I have known."

"Yellow and gold as the new day dawns like a virgin unveiled who waited so long to dance and rejoice and sing her song and rest in the arms of a love so strong. No one comes unless their drawn by the voice of desire that leads them along to the redemption of what went wrong by the blood that covers the innocent one."

"There's some things we can't live without. A man's so prone to doubt. Faithful are the wounds from friends, so give it just a little time. She some bread and wine. Weave your heart into mine, my friend."

*hyperlinks to the song on youtube

No comments: