Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Time.. where did you go?

It was hot and sticky and I was sweating, which is something I don't mind, if I didn't have to look presentable... and on a first day of school it's nice to look presentable.

New lancer days were boring and repetitive of course, but every Longwood student must endure them. Lecture after lecture and the stress of getting a room with three roommates just right occupied my first weekend at Longwood.

And now, it's my last month. I reflect on the past school year and realize that it was incredibly short, shorter than I ever imagined and I feel an ache in my heart for the months lost. Well, not lost, but gone. Now I understand why everyone tells me to enjoy it while it lasts, because it did not last long at all.

Yes, there were times when I wanted to speed up time, or skip ahead a few weeks. Yes, there were times when I wanted to quit and go home, but now I wish I could go back and relive those experiences because I knew soon they would be gone.

The thought of going home is actually scary for me. I like going home on the weekends and seeing my family, spending time with my friends, but I've always been happy to come back on Sundays. It was a nice routine.

Maybe the summer won't be so bad because I'll be extremely busy with work, camp, the beach, and going to NYC, maybe.

I feel like this is a bad way to end my post, but I really have nothing left to say. Well, actually, I do but I'll save it for another time.

No comments: