Thursday, April 15, 2010

Would you like a Popsicle?

Tonight at BCM we went out on campus and gave Popsicles to students. And while, yes, I am a friendly person and I love meeting new people and greeting them, it's hard to do it outside my safe-zone. BCM is my safe-zone, my church is my safe-zone, my house is my safe-zone, being surrounded by my Christian friends is a safe-zone for me. I will greet anyone and everyone in my safe zone, but when I'm outside of my safe-zone it's difficult. And tonight, walking into Stubbs dormitory and handing out Popsicles to girls whom I've never met was terrifying for me. I was shaking the entire time.

And then tonight, when Dan spoke, it really hit home with everything. He said something about how when Jesus was on the cross everyone was yelling out "Crucify!" How betrayed He must have felt. And I thought about how no one stood up for Him. No one ran up and yelled, "Stop!" (Yes, he was sent to die for us, but still...)

That's what we were put on this earth to do - stand up for Him.

I am guilty of not standing up for my God. I stay in my little bubble because it's safe and I can keep my feelings and thought private, where they won't be scrutinized. But that's not what God wants. He wants us to shout out his name to non-believers so that we may aid in their walk with him.

It will be hard, scary, and sometimes awkward, but the satisfaction afterwards is so overwhelming that you're working for God. And that's how I want to feel everyday, that no matter what I do, or think, or say, I'm working for my God.

1 comment:

Sara T. said...

If I could "like" this, I would. Love itttt!