Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dear Diary, It's Me... Lindsey

Yesterday, Jordan and I went to Walmart because I needed a container for my junk that needs to be moved out of my room. I went in, bought the container, a pink journal, and sharpie pens.

I always try to start journals and never get past a few pages in them. But I feel as a college student that my days must be documented. And while, yes, I have this blog, some things a girl has to keep hidden from the rest of the world.

While typing is always easier than writing a few pages (because of the hand cramps, etc) it's so impersonal. I used to keep a virtual diary. I prettied it up with cute fonts and different colored text, little heart symbols and smiley faces; but in time that fell by the wayside and I ended up deleting the folder from my computer.

But now, I'm making it my goal to write in my journal every day. I guess I've always been too busy, or too lazy to write. But with everything going on in my life and with me spending a summer away from my dearest friends I will need my journal as my confidant.

I wrote three pages today and it felt good. I wrote about my deepest desires and how Thursday will be bittersweet goodbye for me. Having to leave my home for the last 9 months is going to be very hard, and I imagine I might cry.

I've grown so much this past year in my maturity, my faith, my academics, and my social life and I owe it all to God, Longwood, and my college friends, no.. my college family.

Going back to Richmond will be a challenge. I know at one point or another I will want to turn the car around and come back only wanting to stay one more night. I've grown attached to this place. It's my home.

3 comments:

Cherish said...

where are you going for 9 months???

Lindsey said...

Nowhere. Longwood WAS my home for the last 9 months.

Cherish said...

oh oh oh. gotcha haha sorry i read this and i was like aww lindsey that's an awesome idea! and then i saw you were leaving or something...must've read it wrong! :)