Saturday, September 4, 2010

Crying releases Endorphins

Whenever I'm really upset or angry or sad about anything, the best way for me to handle it is to put in my headphones, listen to some really depressing songs and cry. This always helps me. Some people seek therapy, some scream into a pillow, some pop bubble wrap - I drown out the world.

I do this for two reasons:
1. Crying releases endorphins (which make you happy) and so after I'm done I feel so much better.
and
2. Whenever my headphones are in I don't concentrate on ANYTHING else but what's coming into my ears. It's just me and the music. This is why I have such a hard time listening to music while I'm doing homework - because I can never concentrate on anything but the music. I'm transformed. I dissolve into another world where it's only me and my iPod. I am invincible.

That might sound corny, but it's the only way I know to describe it.

I have a special playlist on my iPod for when I need a good cry. It's only a few songs, because it really takes a lot to make me cry. But if anyone ever needs a good cry to let out frustration, anger, sadness, or anything - these are the songs that do it for me:

When I Look At You - Miley Cyrus
Rootless Tree - Damien Rice
Ellsworth - Rascal Flatts
What Hurts the Most - Rascal Flatts
Leave - The Swell Season
Walk a Little Straighter - Billy Currington
The House that Built Me - Miranda Lambert
So Close - Jon McLaughlin
Jezebel - Iron and Wine
Just a Dream - Carrie Underwood

No comments: