Sunday, September 12, 2010

Moments.


I live for the moments in my life when I am completely and utterly at ease and so carefree. I live for the excitement of speeding down a back country road on a summer night, with the windows down and the stereo blasting. I live for the moments when I'm sitting in the passenger seat of my best friend's car drinking an Island Fever smoothie, sitting at the end of her road in the empty cul-de-sac and having deep conversations to silly nothing-makes-sense giggling fits. I remember the moments in my childhood and the memories I have that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. Going to the hunt club with my dad just so I could climb trees with the older boys who were like my brothers. Catching fifteen caterpillars in a plastic cup and scaring my mom to death by bringing them all inside. Running around in the backyard with my dogs. Pretending I was a mermaid every time I swam in the pool.

Priceless memories are saved in a special folder forever in my brain, that I take out every now and then to reminisce upon.

My high school days were a blast thanks to some very special people who helped me through my worst times and laughed with my at my best. Doing donuts in the driver's ed parking lot, endless laughter fits in the drama prop room, nights spent eating raw cookie dough and staying up until 3 in the morning watching The Princess Bride and Steel Magnolias with my girls. Private jokes shared between me and my family members. These are the moments I live for.

No comments: