Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I wanna dance the tango with chance

There are so many things on campus that I want to get involved in. Ambassadors, newspaper, the longwood show. I want to maybe intern somewhere for a professor if I could. I need to get a job.

I wish I could do all of this and maybe I can, but I'm barely finding enough time in the day for the things I'm already doing - which is not much. How can I fit more into my schedule?

I want to be involved. When I leave school in a few years I want to look back and see that I did productive things while I was here instead of just sitting in my room watching movies or on facebook all day.

But more than anything, for the past month or so I've been wanting to write. That's all I've wanted to do. But I had nothing to write about - nothing to write for. And so now my current aspiration is to write for The Rotunda. I will have to wait until I am off BCM council of course because their meetings are Thursday nights.

I just want to go to a few meetings to see if I really an interested, or if this is just a passing phase I'm going through. But hopefully, this will give me something to occupy my time, and also prove to be something I love.

1 comment:

Mallory said...

picture this: your very own name tag saying "Lindsey Burlew, AMBASSADOR!!, Longwood University" :) Thennnnnn so one will EVER be Lindsey Burlew if they put on your name tag ;)