Monday, October 17, 2011

Movie Monday

I'd like to welcome you to the first ever Music/Movie Monday! This is just where I review/recommend movies and music that I've discovered recently (or known for a while).

Last night, my roommates and I have a movie night. So it's only fitting that today I review the movies we watched. I was originally only going to review the one new one I'd seen, but what the hey I will review them all.

We watched a total of 5 movies. I will go in order:

1. Twister - A classic 90's movie about a group of people chasing tornadoes and trying to figure them out. I've loved this movie for as long as I can remember. Every time I watch it I always want to change my career to "storm chaser". It's funny and it's thrilling. It's interesting and can be a little scary, but it's really good.
Watch the trailer here.

2. Two Weeks Notice - Starring Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant. It's hilarious. But I'm partial to both of these actors. Sandra Bullock's uptight humor mixed with Hugh Grant's dry wit is hilarious - not to mention his British accent is fun to mimic. Go watch!
Watch the trailer here.

3. Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights - Everyone knows the classic Dirty Dancing with Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze was a phenomenon, but does anyone actually watch the second one? This movie has nothing to do with the original and in my opinion it was okay. I'd seen bits and pieces of it from high school (thank you Jessie) and even now it's not my forte. But if you love dancing movies, I think you'll really enjoy it. Do not go into it thinking it will be exactly like Dirty Dancing because other than the dancing aspect, it's nothing like the original. It's set in a different place, has all different actors and rotates around a different aspect. But the dancing stays the same!
Watch the trailer here.

4. A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song - This is yet another spin off of A Cinderella Story with Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray. I have to admit though Another Cinderella Story with Selena Gomez was definitely not as good as the first one but I liked it because the plot was very different. And I have to admit even though I love Lucy Hale and all her glory, this movie was still not as good as A Cinderella Story, but I liked it because she has a really good voice and Freddie Stroma also has the voice of a god. Not to mention the whole plot was really good and I think something like that could possibly happen in real life. In fact, I'm pretty positive it does.
Watch the trailer here.

5. Burlesque - I cannot fathom to you how much I love this movie. Yes, it is pretty corny at times and Christina Aguliera probably shouldn't act, but Cam Gigante is hot and Cher blows my socks off. Not to mention I adore Kristen Bell's character - yes she's the diva and everyone hates her but I love those characters because in the end they usually learn their lesson and ask for forgiveness. I have to admit that this scene is my favorite in the entire movie *spoiler alert*. It's not the whole scene just that one line from it. But Kristen Bell's performance is so good in this scene I just love her all the more.
Watch the trailer here.



Happy watching! (:

No comments: