Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Funny Story

Tonight I was watching a movie with my brother and I don't know how or why I thought of this, but I did.

A few years ago, it was probably the summer before senior year, mom, AJ, Gentry, and I were in Ocean Isle, NC at the beach for a week. Well, Myrtle Beach is only about 30 minutes or so away. So we went to Broadway at the Beach with my Aunt Kathy, shopping for the day. And we decided to go see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. We'd all seen the first one and decided that's what we were going to do.

So anyway, near the beginning of the movie, if you've seen it, you know that Tibby and Brian have sex. And if you haven't seen it, well then there you go. So anyway, Brian comes out of the bathroom and he goes, "It broke." And everyone in the theater is going "oh no" and such. Ahahhaa. Well, AJ, only going into third grade turns over to my mom and asks, "What broke?"

Commence freak out mode...

Mom: His toothbrush.
AJ: Oh... (a few minutes later) Why are they so upset over a toothbrush?
Mom: His grandpa gave it to him.
AJ: Oh.

Well, of course mom is sitting next to me and I'm nosy and want to know what they are talking about. She tells me this whole story (as the movie is going on) and I start cracking up. Gen, on the other side of me wants to know what's going on. I tell her. She cracks up. So naturally, Aunt Kathy wants to know too. So we're all sitting in the theater cracking up and there's this serious scene on the screen and people are giving us funny looks.

So anyway, the movie goes on, we laugh, we cry, etc. etc. And the best part was us talking about the movie on the car ride home.

Gen: That was so good!
Me: I know I really liked it.
Gen: I started crying at the graduation part, and kept on for the whole movie.
Me: I know! I saw.
AJ: Darn shame about that guy's toothbrush though.

And commence laughter yet again.


Like I said, I have no idea how or why I thought of that story, but that's just one of the many things my family and I laugh at on a regular occasion.

Hope that gave you a little giggle (:

No comments: