Monday, June 11, 2012

Movie Monday: Snow White Edition


So tonight I went with Jordan to see Snow White and the Huntsman starring Kristen Stewart, Charlize Theron, and Chris Hemsworth, and I have to tell you that it was by far way better than I even imagined. I went into the theater intrigued by the commercials and previews, but skeptical because of K.Stew's acting in previous movies, followed by my unassurance of Chris Hemsworth (having never seen him in a movie except for a brief scene in Thor). But even if I had hated the two (which I didn't!) I would have still loved the movie because of Charlize Theron. I can honestly say that I could have picked no better actress to play this role. She was beautiful and wonderful and well... crazy! And I have to say Chris and K.Stew did brilliant jobs as well. There was one scene in the movie, towards the end that Jordan and I looked at each other and both had goosebumps because of Kristen's little "monologue/speech" and I won't give any details, but oh my gosh it was brilliant!

On the completely opposite side, allow me to mention that in April, I went with my aunt to see Mirror Mirror, staring Julia Roberts and Lily Collins.... I really don't have much to say about it. It wasn't dreadful, but it wasn't all that great either. The humor was... inconsistent, in the way that sometimes the humor was unintentional and funny, and then other times the humor was forced and disagreeable. And maybe I cannot explain it very well, but maybe if you've seen or see the movie in the future you can understand what I mean. And then, there was this completely unrelated puppet scene that really scared the heck out of me, that didn't really go with the theme of the movie at all.

So, if you're going to watch a Snow White movie, go for Snow White and the Huntsman because I loved it, Jordan loved it! We loved it!

No comments: