Tuesday, August 7, 2012

New Author Obsession!

A couple of months ago, I was searching through Barnes and Noble (something that I should never be allowed to do unless someone has given me a gift card), and I came across some interestingly good looking books in the teen fiction section. The book covers looked about the same as Sarah Dessen's book covers. And if you are (or have been) a teenage girl, then you probably know about Sarah Dessen and her amazing and beautiful books. There always about real teenage girls, dealing with real teenage problems. My first Sarah Dessen book I ever read was Just Listen, about Annabel who finds friendship (and eventually romance.. oh come on, I'm not giving anything away, you knew it was coming!) with unsuspecting Owen who is obsessed with music. This began my obsession with Sarah Dessen, who wrote my all-time favorite book This Lullaby.  I could sit here all night and talk to you about this book, but this is not about Dessen. No, no, no, this is about my new author I've come to love -- Deb Caletti.

I know, I know, "Never judge a book by it's cover," but who really listens to that? I almost ALWAYS judge a book by it's cover.. or the back cover after I read the synopsis. I picked up Stay by Deb Caletti back in.... March? I can't be certain when it was, but I flew through the book. It was so... gripping.


Clara is a normal teenage girl, living with her widowed father, except she has a secret. This summer vacation at the beach isn't any normal vacation. She's running, running from her psycho ex boyfriend who can't take that the relationship is over. This book had me on edge the entire time. I loved it! It's full of fear of Clara's ex-boyfriend Christian, lust for her new beau, sadness for the loss of her mother, and excitement as she experiences this new town and all it's wonders.

This new-found obsession with Deb Caletti has lead me to want to read more books. And today I got my wish! For a little over a week I have been expecting my package to come and I finally got it! Inside the box were three books (and all for 99 cents each! + shipping). Tiny Treasures from American Girl..  I used to have it as a kid but I gave it to my cousins and now I wanted a copy again to take to work for the girls, The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen.. which I am SO excited for. I've never read Allen, but heard she's fabulous.. and The Fortunes of Indigo Skye by Deb Caletti. So far, I've read through the first few pages. I'm really excited about this one, folks! Really excited!


Indigo's final year of high school is coming to a close, and she's working harder than ever at Carrera's Diner. But when a handsome, rich strangers leaves her a 2.5 million dollar tip, life changes.

So if you need a good read, check out Deb Caletti. I highly recommend Stay. And I'm sure in a few days I'll be recommending The Fortunes of Indigo Skye!

Xoxo,
Linds

No comments: