Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Inspiration Journal

I've recently started an inspiration journal, which is basically just a journal, but more colorful. I have some secrets, and some not so secrets tucked away, but it's completely colorful. I have one rule and one rule alone for this new journal of mine and it's that there is no white on any page. I will draw, color, and paste over every inch of white paper.

I have no lines, no boundaries, and no dates. I write/draw/create in it multiple times a day.

I did this for the simple reason that writing for me doesn't come as easily as people think. Yes, I can produce essays in a few hours that receive A's and B's, and yes, I can write a short story in an hour and post it on my blog, but unless I have inspiration, I cannot. So I fill this journal with pictures, words, hopes, dreams, and insight that am inspired about.

PS. Since we're talking about inspiration, just for everyone to enjoy - I just found this today and I thought it was a brilliant kind of relaxing/freeing kind of thing. Check this out. Is it not the coolest thing in the world?

No comments: