Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I don't even know what this is. It just came out.

Mama stared at me, begging to ask the question with her eyes - willing me to speak. I nodded as tears fell down my face and I smiled, holding up my left hand.

Casey came in the front screen door of our little blue rancher and Mama went to hug him with tears in her eyes saying, "Welcome to the family." He glided over to me and took both of my hands in his and leaned in his head so our foreheads were connected and we prayed. We prayed for God to bless our engagement - and for Jessie's quick recovery so she could be our flower girl in May. Mama agreed that May would be a beautiful choice for a wedding at the Lake - in honor of mama and daddy's would be thirtieth wedding anniversary.

Mama cried some more and pulled me into a tight hug. "He'd be so proud of the man you chose," she whispered. "He's a good man, and he'll take good care of you." Mama and I wept. For what I can't say - for daddy, for Casey, for me, for her, maybe for all; I don't know.

No comments: