Tuesday, December 28, 2010

227

I keep writing. I can't stop. Every since I got back from New York my mind has been on overdrive. There is so much I want to write about. What I saw, what I did, what I said, who I met. But my thoughts cannot collect themselves. It's like one giant bag of mess in my brain right now. I think I'm still in Mission mode and I can't come down from this cloud. Christmas is kind of a blur to me. I can't remember much about the day, but I can remember every single thing that happened in New York.

I remember the bus ride and how agonizingly long it was. I can remember the way the chilled air smelled. I remember walking into Bowery for the first time since May and being transported back to the summer. It would have been like we'd never left, if it weren't for the people - some old had left and many new had come. I remember hating the way the city made me feel - pushy people, crowded streets.

And then I remembered the smiles, the hugs, the walks, and the talks with some of the most beautiful people I've ever met.

Leaving my second home this time was just as hard as the first. And while I'm here I keep wondering when I'll get to go back.

No comments: