Thursday, December 9, 2010

Legacy

All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy.
- Oscar Wilde

Although a brilliant playwright and author, good ol' Wilde couldn't have been more wrong in the previous statement. What about the women who want to be like their mothers? My nana is a strong woman full of grace and beauty. Her laugh brings a smile to my face always and her smile warms my heart. She touches so many lives by just being kind and caring. And I see her daughters reflect the same caring heart and kind nature.

While others dwell on the bad traits inherited from parents, I praise God for the wonderful traits I have inherited.

From my grandmother I have received a sharp mind and quick wit, a beautiful singing voice, and a humble heart. From my nana I have recieved a caring nature and funny sense of humor. And from my mother I have received not only my name and my life, but also the ability to love and laugh. I have learned to dream and smile and never put myself down from her. I've learned how to think before I speak and look before I leap. I've learned that I always have a home. I always have a family because of these three amazing women.

So, Mr. Wilde, I have become like my mother. But it is no tragedy; it is a blessing.

No comments: