Thursday, December 30, 2010

I can't let go.

My bedroom, unfortunately, sits above the garage, so to my misfortune the summers are even hotter and the winters are even colder. My mother can attest to this, as I am always complaining that it's too hot or too cold in my room.
For the past year or so my mom's been wanting to move out of our house because next year my brother will be in middle school and the school he'll go to has a sourly reputation. In an effort to avoid this she wanted to move with the added perk that she'll be closer to work (and her newborn nephew).
However, with the housing market being what it is, we've decided not to move and since we're staying I am now moving into the teeny tiny extra bedroom and we're turning my room into the game room. It's kind of exciting. I've always wanted a game room.
Since I am switching from the second largest bedroom to the smallest, it means that I have to get rid of some stuff - a lot of stuff, actually.
The problem is.... I just did this a month or so ago and I only got rid of one trashbag's worth of stuff. I just can't part with all of my things. There are so many things that have sentimental value and then the other stuff I always want to keep just in case I need it one day.

I guess I really should prioritize what I do and don't need. I guess if I haven't used my stuff in a year or more I should throw it out, right?

No comments: