Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bad Lindsey

Yes, yes. I'm sorely lacking on posting on this blog. I missed a Tuesday Ten. I completely was swamped yesterday. I had a test this morning that I had to study for last night and then a couple games of Phase 10 with my roommate and hall-mate were a must for a Tuesday night in. I apologize for the inconvenience. Man, it feels like Tuesday got here before I knew it. I distinctly remember writing last week's Tuesday Ten. Wow.

Anyway, like I said, this week is flying by. Which is fine for me because I am going home this weekend. So, there is a upside to not working every Saturday at Caryn's - I can go home! This trip home is long overdue. I haven't been home since Spring Break, which means that I haven't been home in four weeks. That might not seem like a long time, but it's an eternity for me. I want to see my mom, my brother, and my dog.

Just an update with me:
I GOT MY PRACTICUM PLACEMENT! I'm so excited. I'll be interning in a second grade class in an elementary school about 25 minutes from my house. I am beyond stoked. My cooperating teacher and I are currently emailing back and forth. Sometimes I wonder why I want to be a teacher. I'm in school and I think, "Why do I want to do this for the rest of my life?" And then I get into the work experience of it all and remember why. This might sound corny, but the feeling of walking into a classroom is like no other. I want to be the teacher that makes the kids want to learn - that makes learning fun and exciting.

Also, right now, and I type, I'm currently sitting on the second floor of Ruffner because my History class was cancelled for the purpose of letting us type our three essays due Friday - like we're going to take the time to really type up our essays. Class cancelled? Extra sleep! Except for me; I have class at 9. :(


No comments: