Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday Ten

Ten Things I'm Most Looking Forward to for Summer

  1. Warm weather! I'm usually partial to fall/winter weather, but in the last year I've slowly been enjoying spring/summer more. I think the winters here are just getting too bitterly cold for my liking (especially since I got to feel an NYC winter this year). I'm ready for the tank tops and shorts, beach weather. It's slowly climbing up to that here at school, which is always welcomed.
  2. No class! Well, technically, I will have a class. I'll be taking one class over the summer, but it really doesn't count because it only lasts a month.
  3. Work! I miss my kids at the daycare and I definitely miss the money. Plus, if my schedule is anything like last summer's then I won't have to go in early except for many one day a week. Hooray for sleeping in until eleven.
  4. Seeing my friends! Over spring break I got a little taste of what I was missing with my friends. A good ol' bonfire will definitely be on my list of ways I want to spend my summer nights.
  5. BEACH! My family is taking a trip to the beach in August and instead of a condo that we usually get, we're getting a house since more of us are going this year. I'm excited. Sun, sand, ocean, boys (: Count me in. Plus the beach house has it's own pool. Who wouldn't be excited?
  6. FAMILY REUNION! I'm BEYOND excited for this. For the past ten years or so we've had a family reunion every other summer. My last family reunion just happened to fall on the weekend after my high school graduation, which meant it would be a graduation party/family reunion. Fun, fun, fun! This summer we'll be going up to Pennsylvania to my cousins' house for a the reunion on July 4th weekend! Best weekend ever? Yes.
  7. JANICE WILL BE HOME! I've missed her so much! And she'll be in Richmond this summer which means I'll actually get to see her! This is long overdue.
  8. Rest. I will be busy this summer, but in addition to being busy with work and traveling, I will be busy catching up on much needed rest. I've been going, going, going this past semester and I need to slow down.
  9. Switching rooms. This room-switch has been going on since winter break, and because I haven't been home much since then I haven't been able to fully change rooms yet. But I will get that done soon after I'm home, so I can rest in my own little room with A/C and not worry about it being too hot in my room over the garage.
  10. PRACTICUM! Teacher interning is so amazing. After interning in the classroom in high school I can't wait to get back in there again. I'm so looking forward to it! I get to play dress up and put on my adult face and pretend I have a classroom. (:

1 comment:

Mallory said...

I FORGOT IT WAS TUESDAY!!!

best surprise ever :)