Monday, November 8, 2010

Imperfect fits me perfectly

I currently read this blog and got inspiration for the following post.

I know that only Jesus was perfect and no other person on earth shall bear the title of "perfect". Even though I try so hard so often to be "perfect", I know I can never be. So here I am embracing the fact that I am imperfect. But it fits me so perfectly.

  • Some days, most days, I don't wear make up.
  • I lose my temper easily when it comes to my brother.
  • Things annoy me that probably shouldn't.
  • I often say the wrong thing or don't think before I speak.
  • Sometimes I lie to the people I love so they won't worry about me.
  • I whine too much.
  • I procrastinate.
  • I get into moods where I don't want to talk/listen to/be around any people at all. This mood switch can happen so fast that I didn't even see it coming.
  • I rarely finish the projects I start.
  • I can be judgmental
  • I have a hard time saying "no".
  • I'm VERY critical when it comes to people's singing and/or acting abilities
  • I have an overwhelmingly strong desire to quit school and move to NYC to pursue a Broadway career
To some I seem very put together. But I get frazzled very easily and sometimes I lose my cool.
I like knowing, though, that I don't have to have it together all the time - even though when I'm having a breakdown moment I don't see it as very ideal.

1 comment:

Victoria Ann said...

well since more than half of these sound just like me i wanted to let you know that imperfection is bliss because if we were perfect we would have to bear the sins of the entire world... i dont know if i could handle that...