Tuesday, November 16, 2010

And the inspiration award goes to..


I just wrote two songs in the past 16 minutes and I really like both of them. I mean sure they need a little tweaking, but TWO SONGS?! I'm lucky to write one song a month, usually. It takes me so long to write a song because I often lack motivation or inspiration. But tonight as I sang Etta James and Ella Fitzgerald and then moved on to a more modern Norah Jones, it hit me!

I popped out two songs and loved them both. I even recorded them onto my computer with that little recorder thing which I hate doing because I know someday I'll have to listen to it and I hate the sound of my own voice. But I had to record them because I can't forget the tune!

I sure hope Anna was serious when she said if I came up with the lyrics she'd write the music for it! (:

Why, hello Grammy - I can see you already.

No comments: