Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Secret to Happiness is...

..that there isn't a secret at all.

  1. Be yourself. It sounds corny, but it's true. You were born an original. Don't die a copy.
  2. Smile. A lot. Laugh when you want to and sing all the time. I tell people to sing because that's how I cope with things. Whenever I'm sad or stressed or hurting I sing and it instantly makes me feel better, as does listening to music. And you don't need a good voice to sing. It doesn't matter if you can't carry a tune in a bucket or you can, if you have a problem with pitch or not, if you're off key or on it, sing loudly and proudly.
  3. Write - it's a wonderful stress reliever. I don't know what's wrong with me, but for the past week all I've been doing is writing in my journal. ALL. THE. TIME. I've never written as much as I have the last few days. It's wonderful.
  4. Tell someone you love that you love them.
  5. Pop bubble wrap. It's fun and theraputic.
  6. Blow bubbles outside. Who didn't love blowing bubbles as a child. If we do child-like things that remind us of that time when we were young and carefree, then we'll feel young and carefree.
  7. Find an animal that you love and play with it. I love dogs, but some people prefer a cat or a hamster, maybe even a snake....
  8. Create something. A novel, a drawing, a painting, a song, a sculpture, pottery, jewelry, clothing. Make something that is all yours, belongs to no one but you.
  9. Cry. It releases endorphins and makes you happy.
  10. Take pictures. Capture those happy moments and no matter what happens never ever burn them. Why should you erase something if it once made you happy?

No comments: