Friday, November 5, 2010

Selfish, party of one, your table's ready....

Tonight, after talking through a problem with a good friend, I realized that all this time I've been completely selfish in my pain. I thought that I was the only person going through something while everyone else is fighting a battle as well.

I didn't even know what was going on with him until tonight and now I realize I've been so blind to the goings-on around me, especially with my friends.

It's not even that my problems are so big, it's just that sometimes I think I'm a freak because I feel some of the things I feel. At times, I really think I'm screwed up - like the way my mind works and especially how easy it is for me to fall for someone. (I've always hated that thing about myself. I get attached way too quickly.)

But tonight, I saw what problems he was having to deal with and my heart just went out to him. He had so many emotions - regret a huge one.

I try to live my life by "no regrets" - that everything is a learning experience, and that's what I told him. And although sometimes there is just NO talking to him because he's hard-headed and stubborn, I think it gave him something to think about.

So goodnight, my friend. Sleep well and pray, keep God your focus and everything will work out according to His plan.

No comments: