Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Four Years Difference

Through talking with a good friend tonight I remembered that I wanted to blog this a while ago but then forgot to do so.

I realized that I don't talk to many people I graduated from high school with anymore. Yes, there's my best friend Gentry who I see all the time because she's my bestfriend (yes, one word). And yes, there's a handful of girls I was close to in high school that I will see over spring break and talk to occasionally. But I realized that there are so many people here at school that I would die to see when we leave. I have so many good friends who I know would drop everything and run to help me, with anything. I know that college is not the last place I will see them and that our paths will cross once we leave this place.

I cannot say that for many people from high school.

Why is that? What is so different about the four years spent in high school compared to the four in college? (Maybe five or six, depending on your major and how many times you change it.)

Is it because we're more mature?
Is it because we know ourselves better and therefore know how to choose our friends more wisely than we did in high school?
Is it because we've been away from our other friends so long?
Is it a combination of all of the above?

I really don't need to know the reason, I was just wondering. I just know that there are people on this campus I would give a my life for, maybe a kidney, possibly an arm or a leg. Ahaha. But in all seriousness, I know we're not finished yet.

Look at me, I'm speaking like I'm graduating or something. Nope, I've still got four semesters (three really, because I'll be at home for student teaching) on this campus. Three more semesters to make friends, three more semesters to make memories.

THEN, we'll talk about serious separation anxiety, because after Spring Break I'll have missed them so much, what's going to happen when we aren't at the same school anymore?!

No comments: