Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday Ten

I realized the other day (actually, I didn't just realize this, I've known for a while) that I am broke.
And I also realized (again, not just the other day) that most of my friends are broke. We're in college, people. We're supposed to have no money. But still, it's really annoying since Spring Break is coming up and we'll want to be doing things.

So, for my Tuesday Ten, I'm writing a list of fun things to do over break that are free (cheap). (:

  1. Camp out in your backyard. Don't have a tent? Camp out in your living room. Turn the lights off, grab some friends, make s'mores in the microwave and tell ghost stories with the classic flashlight under your chin move. I love camp outs, and indoors they're even more fun!
  2. See a movie at the Byrd Theater in Richmond. The tickets are 2 dollars and the movies they show are pretty decent. Sneak in some snacks from home so you don't need to spend money on popcorn. Don't live in Richmond? Google some local theaters, I'm sure you have one around you.
  3. Grab some friends, some funky clothes/jewelry and head to your local park or some other cool backdrop. Have a photo shoot. This is one of my favorite things to do with my friends. Later we upload our pictures to facebook and show the world how goofy we are!
  4. Have a game night with your family. Seriously. It may sound boring or you make think they're annoying, but pull out the Monopoly, Sorry, Twister, and Wii games for a fun night of chilling with the fam.
  5. THROW A PARTY! Tell each friend to bring some kind of food/dessert/drinks, crank up your iTunes or pop in a movie. It's a cheap way to spend the night with good friends and good food.
  6. Stargaze. 'Nuff said. If you have a telescope it's even better.
  7. Volunteer! Check out some local places and devote a day or two of spring break to helping animals, communities, or individual people. I know the Virginia Home always welcomes volunteers, the SPCA does too. Find a Habitat for Humanity and see if they need you to do anything. It's free, and you get the pride of knowing you helped someone. Now don't you feel better?
  8. Create something. Like art? Buy those watercolors from the dollar store and paint a picture. Grab some computer paper and look up origami how to's online. Like the sew or do crafts? Look up some neat ideas online and then go for it! Most supplies are cheap, or ask your parents/grandparents if they have anything you can use. And hey, if they don't, just ask me. I know my Nana's got TONS at her house.
  9. Take a nap. Seriously. Everyone needs to take at least one nap a day. Maybe two.
  10. Read a book. I know it may not be the best idea in the world. But I love to read and this is my blog and I'm gonna post the suggestion that everyone reads a book. Seriously though, read This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen, Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, Rainwater by Sandra Brown, and anything by Nicholas Sparks.
HAVE A WONDERFUL BREAK! (:

2 comments:

Mallory said...

#s 9 & 10 rank very high on my list for this spring break. VERY.

Unknown said...

Ok...guess we should have a family game night at Nana's/Papa's while your home...A Wii Fest!!!!! or something else! Also...thanks for the plug for The VA Home!!!! LOL!