Monday, February 1, 2010

Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

*Title is from Monthy Python and the Holy Grail. My roommate is watching a clip from it and as soon as it came on I started singing the song. (:

For a while I've been fiddling with the idea of changing my major (for the second time). I started out as English, and then switched to Liberal Studies because I realized that I didn't want to teach high school, but rather elementary school. And now I'm thinking about changing my major to Theatre because I have wanted to be a movie director since I was in middle school and I don't why, but for some reason I told myself I couldn't do it (which isn't very optimistic). But I figured if I do a major in Theatre with a concentration in education which is PK - 12 (Tell me, does that mean I can be just a regular fifth grade teacher? Or not? I don't know) then I could be a theatre teacher until I break into the biz. I talked to Jordan about it and she said she thought I'd really like being a theatre teacher. And a while ago I was talking to my aunt who told me that I shouldn't be a teacher I should be a director. She was like "Your imagination and talent needs to be used for directing, not teaching."

I don't know, it just seems like the people who know me really well tell me to be a director rather than a teacher, so I'm taking their advice. (:

Now I am going to enjoy a wonderfully hot cup of coffee on this cold morning... well, afternoon. But I woke up at 12:45 (that's going to ruin my sleeping schedule) so to me it's the morning.

Be thankful for the day, all.

No comments: