Sunday, February 21, 2010

We All Have Stories to Tell


And we do. Some people have stories to tell, some people have drawings to draw, and some people have songs to sing.
I wrote a song last night after seeing my friend Andra Moran perform at church. I met her two years ago at camp and she's an absolutely amazing person with a beautiful heart and voice.
Her song "Watching the Sky" is my current favorite about how love will find you one day, and how you need to be patient.
Well, that song inspired me and so I wrote my own. I haven't written songs in so long it felt good to get back into writing. I can't even remember why I stopped.. because I didn't have time? Probably. Because I always start but never finish them and I got tired of it? Most likely.
I liked pouring my soul into the songs. I think that's why I always got stuck when I was writing before. I tried to write songs about things I've never experienced before, but writing about how I feel was much easier. I'm not 100% satisfied with the song so I won't post it now. But once I tweak the lyrics and feel more comfortable with it, I will.

No comments: