Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent

Everyone has been wondering what they were going to give up for Lent. And for the past couple years I never gave up anything. So I went through the list of things I could give up this year and it was the usual soda, chocolate, Facebook, etc. etc. But then I remembered that some people don't "give up" something for Lent, they "take on" something.

And so my Lenten goal is to listen more than I talk (because I talk a lot) and to really listen to the people who talk to me (..sorry Stephen).

So, for the next 40 days carried on for the rest of my life I'll be more attentive and really listen to people.

That sounds good to me.

1 comment:

Emily Grace said...

This is amazing. I literally JUST wrote about lent (well, fasting) too. And feel the same way. I'm excited for what God's going to teach you through taking something on-- I love your creativity in how you live for God and am excited about what He is doing in you and through you. :)