Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Don't Let It Get To You

Yesterday someone spoke against everything I believe in. They mocked me and put me down.

And today I'm still having a hard time with it.

It bothers me so much, and I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but to be a complete jerk about it is not the right way to go.

They called me ignorant.

I cannot fathom how selfish someone could be to put down another's every belief and value to make themselves seem "intelligent". And I know I should forgive, and I will someday, but right now I can't forget.

I can't even think of anything else to write. I thought posting this would make it better. It hasn't.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry you had your feelings hurt and felt attacked. As you go through life you will encounter people who have differences of opinions and are closed minded about it. They will call you ignorant or worse because you don't see their viewpoint...they don't appreciate or respect diversity. Sometimes they do it just to get a reaction out of you and sometimes they just do it because they are just plain evil. Don't let it get to you. Just pray for that person. Do not let them do what they are trying to achieve by breaking down your spirit...rise above it. You are a strong woman...let it go and give it to God. Love you!

Kristen said...

Ugh, I know exactly what you’re talking about! It’s so frustrating!

It's so funny how people can call someone "ignorant" while completely trashing another person's beliefs. I understand that people don't always agree with each other, but is the mature way to deal with that really to insult someone else’s intelligence? People need to realize that there are MANY different beliefs in this world. Just because you don’t agree with someone, does NOT mean it’s okay to disrespect them.

Anyway, don’t dwell on it - this person is not worth your time.