Saturday, February 13, 2010

Keep Your Dreams Alive

I had a really strange dream last night and I really hope it was telling me something about my future. The other day I analyzed my bestfriend's dream, but I cannot analyze my own for some reason. My dream had three parts that I can remember, but the middle part is my favorite and for the whole day I've been thinking about it and if it's a foreshadowing of what is to come.

I kind of wrote my dream down.. embellishing of course and then it turned into a story. The basic story is my dream, but the details I added. (:


I walked to the edge of the concrete and stared into the pool. "I don't see anything," I said. I turned around and he was smiling a devilish smile at me. "Don't you dare," I warned, but I was too late. I was already falling into the pool. While underwater I felt and heard him jump in beside me. When I came to the surface he was laughing, but I couldn't see his face because my hair was in my face. Before I could reach up to wipe it to the side I felt his hands on my face. And I saw his beautiful smiling face as he wiped my hair away from my face.

"I'm sorry," he said smiling, "I couldn't resist." I smiled because his touch felt so soft on my skin, but then I quickly frowned. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction. I splashed him for throwing me in the pool fully clothed. He laughed and pulled me into a hug. As I struggled to get free his hold on me tightened, and as it did it felt... comfortable. I relaxed as he leaned into me. His mouth, right next to my ear whispered "You're beautiful." I looked into his eyes and smiled. He cupped his right hand under my chin and pulled my face toward his. This was it, the moment I'd been waiting for since I'd first seen his gorgeous smile.

Just before our lips touched I hesitated. "Wait," I said.

"What?" he asked.

"What's going on with you and your ex?" I looked at him. The look in his eyes changed. How, I can't say. It wasn't just saddness, it was more like pain. As if his heart were more than broken, but crushed. His hand left my face and his arms let go of me. He backed up a few inches.

"Nothing," he replied.

Clearly, he wasn't over her yet. As hard as it was for me to admit that to myself. This was the man I waited for for so long and the first man I ever took a chance on. He held my heart in the palm of his hand, while she held his in hers.

I ran my fingers over my hair and when walked over to the ladder. Walking back to my condo I saw the ocean in the distance remembering the day I'd spent with him. There was no other word to describe it than perfect.

I didn't look back at him as he said my name. Twice. And it took every will in my body not to turn around. But he never came after me. He stayed in the pool just calling my name. And my heart said, "If he doesn't fight for you, don't fight for him."

No comments: